Fight Club is one of my favorite movies. This movie gives me huge inspiration for my life. A few days back I read on quora, where someone has compared the story-line with that of the Bhagvad Gita. He said, the the unnamed narrator Norton is Arjuna and Tyler is Krishna.
Norton wasn’t happy with his life, but he wasn’t sure of fighting with it either. Tyler kept on insisting him to fight against materialism just as Krishna insisted Arjuna to fight against his cousins as that was a Dharma Yuddha.
The movie give many inspirational lessons. Some of them are:
- You need to live before you die. Tyler kept on saying that he did not want to die without scars. He meant he was keen on trying. He did not stop until Project Mayhem was complete.
- Keep away from fear. Death is inevitable. You should not fear of anything. Ultimately everyone’s gonna die. He said, ”On a long enough timeline, the survival rate of everyone drops down to zero.”
- A plan requires a lot of sacrifice. You need to break some eggs to make an omelet. To get something, you need to sacrifice a hell lot of things.
- Passion for success. Success requires a lot of passion. Tyler showed this level of passion for his Project.
- Commitment: His commitment for his Project mayhem was so deep, he even instructed to kill himself, if someday he himself came in the route of it’s success.
- Focus. His fight was against materialism. So he never left that focus go away, and he kept the narrator motivated on this.
- Love. Love drove him. He loved anti-imperialism and anti-materialism. He worked on this ideology throughout the movie.
This movie should be watched by each and every aspiring and struggling entrepreneur. It will certainly keep them motivated throughout their struggle.
Image credit- Google Images